2018 - Active Kids Programme
Khulasande Sports Development - Active Kids Programme
- · To promote mass participation in sport.
- · To teach life skills using sport.
- · To empower young people.
- · To expose young people to opportunities that lie in sport.
- · To offer professional coaching to young athletes.
- · To create job opportunities for the youth and sports enthusiasts.
The majority of the youth of South Africa are deprived of opportunities to participate in professionally organised recreational activities. Educators are swamped with academic responsibilities and find it extremely difficult to provide a recreational programme for learners. In addition to this, schools do not have access to sufficient funds to purchase expensive sports equipment and employ suitably qualified individuals to lead recreational programmes for learners.
Khulasande Sports Development, through the “Active Kids” programme aims to reach out to the disadvantaged communities of Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage, Kirkwood, Addo, Riebeek East, Alicedale and Grahamstown to conduct a series of weekly sports development coaching clinics, targeting as much as 400 children per month exposing them to seasonal sports codes such as athletics, rugby, netball and soccer.
Visit www.khulasande.org.za for more information.